- Must be actively employed by law enforcement
- Must have at least 2 years experience in crime scene processing.
- Must have successfully completed at least 50 hours of crime scene processing courses.
- Must complete the application form for certification with ICSIA.
- Must pass a comprehensive written examination of 100 questions.
- Must pass a written test of a paper mock crime scene.
- Must submit digital photos of a macro photography assessment.
- Must submit digital photos of a night crime scene.
- Must submit three actual crime scene cases you have personally worked.
Each case must include:
A. Digital photographs of the scene
B. Digital photos of the evidence (FP, Tiretrack, Shoe Print, Toolmark, Bite Mark, Wounds, etc.,
C. A comprehensive crime scene report
D. A list of evidence collected
E. Sketch of the crime scene.
The following are the three type of crime scenes to be submitted for assessment.
- Outdoor Crime Scene
- Indoor Crime Scene
- Motor vehicle crime scene
- An affidavit that states what you have submitted is of your own work and not that of others.
Contact the ICSIA Certification Committee, email@example.com for clarification and further instructions regarding the certification process.